Sorry for the lack of posts guys, I’ve been a little poorly and then moved house to cray cray here at the min…even still I’ve been doing my bit and testing some new treatments.
So I may be anti botox but I am not anti facial treatments from fancy clinics 🙂
I recently popped into my local skin clinic to annoy them and ask them lots of questions about some of their no needle procedures. I’ve been intrigued for a while so thought, what the hell?!? I’ll go ask and see if any of their treatments could be for me.
I finally decided to bite the bullet and book in, I went for the medical skin peel. I chose this as it claimed to deeply exfoliate and remove the outermost layer of dead skin. This process renews the skin leaving fresher healthier skin behind and is a great way to treat:
- Fine lines
- Sun Damage
- Age spots
- Large pores
- Dull skin
– See more at: http://www.epsomskinclinics.com/Medical_Skin_Peels.html#sthash.uozODOMd.dpuf
Yes I thought the same…… will I end up like Samantha Jones in Sex and City when she has that terrible reaction, but fear not, no pizza face here.
So I’ll talk you through the procedure :
- The Therapist cleans your face within an inch of its life, I mean full of facial massage and deep clean.
- Then she pulls a magnifier over my face and starts to squeeze my spots. Spots I didn’t even know I had, whilst other 30ish year olds might be slightly embarrassed by this, I loved it! I found it quit therapeutic.
- Once I was clean and spot free it was time to apply the good stuff. We started off with a gentle formula as it was my first time, if I react OK I can go stronger on my next turn 🙂
- As the gel is applied to my face I am given a small hand held fan to hold under my nose as the smell of the gel is so strong it can be unbearable, but the fan works a treat!
- Once applied the gel is left for around 12 minutes, then removed with another lovely deep clean.
So when I was done I looked in the mirror and all was good! I looked slightly sunburnt which I was told would be the outcome. I was advised to moisturise with a vit c cream for the next few days as failing to do this could result in dry flaky skin.
Like a good girl I did as I was told and used the cream, my skin was noticeably firmer and brighter. I am so happy I had the treatment and took them up on one of their amazing offers of buy 3 get 1 free!
If you’ve been curious about no needle procedures then visit your local skin clinic and ask questions, they will be able to advise you on whats best for you and your skin.